By C2ST Staff
A number of candidates responded to the questionnaire, and their responses will be posted on the coalition organizations’ websites.
The coalition includes:
- The Chicago Council on Science and Technology (C2ST)
- The Illinois Science Council
- Science Debate (a national science policy organization)
- The National Science Policy Network (NSPN), a national organization composed of early career early-career scientists interested in public policy
- Graduate student organizations affiliated with NSPN from Northwestern University, University of Chicago, and the University of Illinois
While our coalition operates out of Illinois, Science Debate, and NSPN assembled science policy coalitions in states across the nation, which puts the Illinois candidate’s responses in a national context. We encourage everyone to consider the candidates’ positions on these pressing issues, whether stated in response to our questionnaire or stated elsewhere when deciding to vote.
Head here to see what the following candidates had to say about how science shapes policy.
Candidate for the House of Representatives:
Philanise White, Republican, District 1
Tom Hanson, Republican, District 5
Bill Redpath, Libertarian, District 6
Preston Nelson, Libertarian, District 8
Dani Brzozowski, Democrat, District 16
George Petrilli, Democrat, District 18
Candidates for the Senate:
Candidate for the Senate:
Richard Durbin, Democrat
Mark Curran, Republican