On Thursday, May 2 the Chicago Council on Science and Technology will hold our largest fundraising event of 2019: Science in the City. The evening supports C2ST’s mission and full spectrum of programming. Your support is critical to our mission.
Join us as we celebrate public STEM outreach with STEM community members, academic and industry leaders, and young professionals from across Chicagoland. Guests will engage with each other and C2ST’s leadership throughout the evening which includes a cocktail reception with heavy hors-d’oeuvres, silent auction, raffle, tours, and award ceremony.
Validated parking will be available at 811 N. Larrabee, Chicago,IL 60610.
Want to support C2ST through an in-kind donation or sponsorship? Find out more on our sponsorship levels here. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-567-5832 with any questions.
The Chicago Council on Science and Technology will honor two individuals with an “Advancing the Public Understanding of Science & Technology Award” by awarding a “Lifetime Achievement Award” as well as a “Young Professional Award.” C2ST created this award in 2012 to honor individuals who share in the passion and mission of the organization—to increase the awareness of the great R&D taking place in our region. A special award will be granted to our outgoing Board Chair and President-Elect of the National Academy of Engineers, John Anderson.
Past Awardees Include:
- 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award: Ann Lurie, President, Ann and Robert H. Lurie Foundation
- 2018 Accomplished Young Professional: Emile Cambry, Jr., Founder BLUE1647
- 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award: Michael Polsky, CEO of Invenergy
- 2017 Accomplished Young Professional: Jessica Malkin, CEO of Chicago Ideas
- 2016 Accomplished Young Professional Award: Dr. Lucianne Walkowicz, Astronomer at the Adler Planetarium
- 2015 Advancing the Public Understanding of Science & Technology Award: Gary Brinson, Chairman of the Brinson Foundation
- 2014 Advancing the Public Understanding of Science & Technology Award: Janice L. Feinberg, PharmD, JD., President and CEO of The Joseph & Bessie Feinberg Foundation
- 2013 Advancing the Public Understanding of Science & Technology Award: Eric Isaacs, Ph.D., Former Executive Vice President for Research, Innovation and National Laboratories of University of Chicago
- 2012 Advancing the Public Understanding of Science & Technology Award: Paul H. Knappenberger Jr., Ph.D., Former President of Adler Planetarium and Astronomy Museum