The As Series offers events that present the latest developments at the intersection of science and different forms of art, such as music, painting and photography.
Series are a way for C2ST to provide in-depth content on a particular topic of interest as determined by groundbreaking scientists. As part of our mission C2ST is building a growing archive and knowledge base for audiences at all levels of scientific understanding.
Previous As event topics include imaging technology, art conservation science, and investigative chemistry. Recent panelists include scientists from the Art Institute of Chicago and the University of Chicago's Oriental Institute.
- Renoir's True Colors: Science Solves a Mystery [Video]
- A Tiny Ocean Vortex, with Pop Art Pizzazz
- When Liquids Collide
- This Beautiful Pottery Is Made of 3D-Printed Edible Bug Powder
- Can Science Save Modern Art?
- Turning Solar Storms Into Music
- Use Colors to Browse the Smithsonian's Best Pieces of Historical Design
- This Sculpture Turns Movement Into Music
- Doctor Who: 50 Years of Time Travel in the TARDIS
- Amazing Da Vinci Instrument Brought to Life
- Best Microscope Photos of the Year Bring Tiny, Amazing Worlds to Light
- WATCH: Musical Tesla Coil Plays 'Sail' by Awolnation
- Levitating Water Droplets Are Mesmerizing Dancers
- Spectacular Microscopic Art Is Also World-Changing Science
- MASS Collective Combines Science with Art for Creative Results
- Effective Arts Integration Improves Test Scores
- New Algorithm Helps Cochlear Implants Detect Music
- Star Wars Made In Meat And Other Amazing Images From This Week
- Tyrian Purple
- Early Visualizations Of Disease Are As Fascinating As They Are Disturbing
- What Kind Of Colorblind Are You?
- Astronaut and a Writer at the Movies
- The Sounds That Bind: Why We Evolved to Love Music
- How typeface influences the way we read and think, and why everyone hates...
- “Hear My Voice”: Smithsonian identifies 130-year-old recording as Alexander...